Job vacancy: HR and Training Administrator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR and Training Administrator to join our small but passionate HR team within a growing business.
Hythe Group works within the marine engineering sector and is based in Portsmouth Naval Base. The company is in an exciting period of growth, and this is a newly created role to support the Head of HR, HR Advisor and Training and Security Functions.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the general administration of the HR, Training and Security departments.
- Ensuring that HR systems are kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Managing the monthly payroll information.
- Supporting recruiting managers with screening CVs and liaising with candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Preparing offer letters for successful applicants, ensuring that the full interview process has been completed and that offers are being made in line with RAF approval and salary and benefit grading structures.
- Processing vetting, right to work and other checks for candidates who have been provided conditional offers and ensuring conditions are met successfully.
- Ensuring on-boarding and off-boarding processes are completed fully and in a timely manner.
- Assist with the administration of the performance review process.
- Compiling management information reports for the leadership team.
- Administering Company benefits.
- Ensuring confidentiality and compliance with GDPR regulations at all times.
- Providing information and support to all employees on employment, pay benefits and welfare.
- Note-taking in formal and informal meetings.
- Maintaining a consistent approach and high standards of work in line with Company values, policies and procedures.
- Reflecting Company values and culture at all times.
- Ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Taking responsibility of own professional development.
We’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Administration experience.
- Willingness to work towards a human resources, best practice, and employment law qualification.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to use initiative.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Professionalism and an overall positive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Desire to want to work with people.
- Good administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Be able to multi-task.
- HR systems experience.
And following levels of skills, ability and knowledge;
|Skills / Ability / Knowledge||Level of Importance (High, Medium, Low)|
|Communication skills, both
written and verbal
|Project management skills||High|
|Personal presentation skills||Medium|
|Microsoft Word, Excel,
|Questioning and listening skills||Medium|
- Competitive salary (£23k – £26k depending on experience.
- Continuous learning and development
- Employer pension contributions
- Paid holiday at 25 days plus bank holidays
- Company sick pay
- Paid emergency leave
- Paid family leave
- ….. and much more!
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.