As a Cost/Commercial Estimator you will work on interesting and varied tenders for the Hythe Group of companies. You’ll be able to prepare tender proposals, identify potential hazards and risks, and calculate the cost of labour, materials, equipment, and other expenses associated with projects in the marine sector.
As an experienced Cost/Commercial Estimator you must be able to review detailed customer project plans, blueprints, and specifications to understand the scope of work, research prices, and prepare cost estimates for projects. You’ll have great attention to detail and be happy to negotiate prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing tender proposals
- Analysing customer-detailed schematics/plans, bills of materials and other project documentation in order to estimate costs
- Researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- analysing data that can affect costs
- assessing the financial, technical and operational risks of the project
- Liaising with Technical Designers
- keeping up to date with the latest regulatory and legislative requirements
- inputting into decisions over whether to bid for the project
- working closely with key members of the project team (such as the project manager, production managers, fabrication and manufacturing managers) and liaising with clients and suppliers
- keeping detailed records and writing reports.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Cost/Commercial Estimator who is looking to make the next step in their career.
Salary: between £40,000 – £45,000 per year depending on your experience.
The role is based in Portsmouth. BPSS/SC required.